The Galco Group is Ireland’s largest Hot Dip Galvanizing group with five plants across the island of Ireland. We are currently investing in a significant expansion of our painting facilities at our Dublin plant with a view to offering Intumescent coatings to the Steel Fabrication market.
We have an excellent technical team in place to ensure our production is of the highest quality and are now looking for an experienced Technical Sales Representative to complement this team and oversee the Commercial and Business Development of our Paint Division.
The role will involve the following main duties:
- Promote the new paint facility to our existing customer base of Steel Fabricators and develop new customers within this market.
- Work alongside our Marketing Team to promote the use of our paint systems to the wider market including specifiers and fire engineers etc.
- Manage the enquiry and quotation system to ensure all paperwork is meticulously carried out and complete records are kept for every project.
- Liaise with the Paint Shop Production team to ensure that customer service is matched to our production capacity and that expectations are satisfied.
- Report formally on a monthly basis on customer liaison, quotations issued, sales reports, marketing activity etc. and to ensure Senior Management are kept fully informed of progress.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Customer Relationship Management:
This is not a generic, volume sales role- you will be a highly skilled and experienced communicator who excels in building long-term and quality relationships with a few key customers and managing these for growth.
You will be confident in managing a project from start to finish: Attention to detail will be your mantra and you will be skilled in customer and intra-company liaison.
Importantly, you will be able to read technical drawings and understand the key elements in ensuring the spec is correct for the customer. You will have highly developed computer skills and proficiency in managing complex files.
Ideally you will have a background in Painting Steel, Steel Fabrication or Construction Sales.
The role attracts an excellent salary, not dependent on commission. In addition, full training will be provided and the successful candidate will be highly supported to help ensure their success in the role.
Customer Relationship Management, Technical Sales, Area Sales Management, Area Sales, Consultative Selling