Galvacoat® is a tough, single application polyurethane topcoat that’s specifically formulated to adhere to non-ferrous metals such as zinc. It is a highly cost-effective and efficient galvanising paint system that delivers perfect adhesion to hot dip galvanised steel.
The origins of the product lie in the need to provide long-term protection for electricity transformer tanks, and from this single application, the product has grown to be the most trusted name in painting galvanised steel.
It is distributed by Galco Steel Ltd. – and Wedge Group in the U.K. – both of whom have over 50 years experience in the area of galvanized steel. Our own personal experience with Galvacoat® convinced us that this was quite simply the only product on the market which did what it said when it came to providing long-life, attractive and durable cover for galvanised steel applications.
Benefits of Galvacoat®
- Save On Cost. With its long-life properties, the lifetime cost of Galvacoat is significantly cheaper than alternatives, which need to be replaced on a much more regular basis.
- Gain On Longevity. Galvacoat® retains its original colour to within 5% over a period of 20 years, and you can check our case studies (link) for a number of examples of how well it weathers over time.
- Easy To Apply. Just a single application will keep your surface looking its brilliant best for years to come, and Galvacoat® is suitable for all spray systems or brush applications.
- Easy Onsite Touch-up. Unlike powder coating, Galvacoat® is extremely easy to touch up on-site.
- Versatile. Galvacoat® can be applied directly to freshly galvanised steel or as a fresh coat to galvanised steel that’s been coated with conventional paints.
- A Multitude Of Applications. Use Galvacoat® on applications as diverse as balconies and gates, power and sub-station equipment, railings, street furniture, structural steel and water treatment plants.