Galco has been closely involved with designing surface water drainage systems in partnership with consulting engineers for many years. Regulations such as EU Water Framework Directive and the Greater Dublin Regional Code of Practice have made it more important than ever hat these designs are given careful consideration and take into account such issues as
Impermeability of the soil
Control of pollutants
Local water table levels
Percentage surface permeability
Galco provides Drainage Presentations for specifiers. These offer further advice on the issues involved with SuDS compliance and on practical ways to manage surface water drainage.
To arrange one of these presentation you can fill the form at the bottom of this page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The presentations have been designed in conjunction with the Hauraton and cover the following areas:
How CPD courses benefits you
The benefits of CPD aren’t felt just when you’re going for promotion or upgrading to Chartered membership. Many employers now value ‘learning agility’ as a core competency.
- Build confidence and credibility; you can see your progression by tracking your learning.
- Earn more by showcasing your achievements. A handy tool for appraisals.
- Achieve your career goals by focussing on your training and development.
- Cope positively with change by constantly updating your skill set.
- Be more productive and efficient by reflecting on your learning and highlighting gaps in your knowledge and experience.
How CPD courses benefits your organisation
As organisations shift the responsibility for personal development back to the individual, the ability and insight to manage your own professional growth is seen as a key strength.
- Helps maximise staff potential by linking learning to actions and theory to practice.
- Helps HR professionals to set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound) objectives, for training activity to be more closely linked to business needs.
- Promotes staff development. This leads to better staff morale and a motivated workforce and helps give a positive image/brand to organisations.
- Adds value; reflecting it will help staff to consciously apply learning to their role and the organisation’s development.
- Linking to appraisals. This is a good tool to help employees focus their achievements throughout the year.
What the Architects and Engineers say
It was very informative day. Thank you especially the staff at Galco Cork for a plant tour – Nigel O’Sullivan, JCA Architects
Please pass my thanks for a very informative presentation and tour to your colleagues and of course thank you for your organisation of the morning. I’ve been specifying galvanised steel for 30 year and hadn’t revisited the subject in such detail since my college days. I took away a lot!! – Valentine Ryan, Ryan Associates Consulting Engineers
Thanks very much for allowing me to attend your site and to give me a good understanding of the process and the products you supply. I look forward to receiving the relevant PDF’s along with a certificate of attendance for the CPD. I found the whole process very informative – Declan Kehoe, KEHOE Architectural Design
45 minutes plus question time